Monday, June 25, 2007

What is it that you like to do?

Do you know what is the thing that you really like to do?
Some people might call it a hobby.
But a hobby is only done through your free time right?

So think again, what is it that you like to do?
Something that will put a smile on your face despite the hectic lifestyle that you are going through each day.

I like to watch the rain drops falling down from the sky from the first drop.
I like to accomplish my job assignments in office that makes everyone’s day.
I like to take a walk through the park with my wife after dinner.
I like to see my wife being happy each day.
I like to her and my family to have happy memories that they can remember throughout their life.

I like the things that I'm good at doing.


When you are good, you are expected to be better.
When you are better, people expect the best from you.
What comes after the best?
Consistency?
Reliability?
Continuous improvement?

Until….?

The day that you don't like doing it anymore.
When you don't like doing it, whatever people tell you is not important.

When you like to do something, shouldn't you be doing it as you like it?

Recently I began writing a lot, on the web, in my blog.
I've completed one story, in the mist of completing the next.

People have told me it's a good try for the first.
Then expect better from the second.

The second story wasn't that well received as the first.
Nobody commented well on it.

Maybe it's really bad.
Maybe my first attempt was a fluke.
Maybe I should stop writing altogether.

“Why do care so much from other people's point of view?”
Jo told me.

“What makes a good story? It's something that will relate to people in their life”
I told myself.

“I will continue writing.”
Even if there’s only 1 person reading.

“I will continue…”

Because it’s the memories that I leave for the reader to remember.
One day throughout their life, they will remember the stories that they once read and how it related to them.

And they will remember someone who writes them.

That's me…

Anntonii Lim

No comments: