Tuesday, June 19, 2007

{ 雨の天使 }

Rain Angel

Chapter 6

[ What's so great about the rain... ]

Have you ever planned to go but your thoughts hindered when you see the dark clouds
hovering the sky?
How did you felt?
Thinking of whether to bring an umbrealla?
What if it never rain? Wouldn't you look stupid carrying an umbrella around?
Maybe you would forgotten to bring back.
What if you go without an umbrella and it rain?
You will be drenched and hence be dampened of your spirits to go out?
What's so great about the rain? It only deters your plan.

Mavis reached home and kept thinking about the sms.

Should she reply to Wilson?
Or should she take it as it never happens?

Her thoughts were disturbed by the knocked at the door.
It was her mother.

“Are you feeling better? Any fever?”
Her mother feeling her forehead with her hand.

“I'm ok, Ma. Don't worry, it won't affect my studies.
Hanling had already revised with me what I've missed these 2 days”
Mavis immediately turned to her textbook to start her revision.

“Ah Hui, you know why Ah Pa & Ah Ma always want you to study hard?”

“I know, so that I can go to the university and earn a lot of money for both of you to retire..
I always know that..”

“Whether we can retire or not it's not important.
Most importantly you must know how to take care of yourself..
We will not be with you forever you know”

Mavis turned to look at her mother.
She had aged a lot from the last time she really took a good look at her.
Her hair are partially white and her face full of winkers.
Her hands are rough through the chores and hard work of maintaining the family.

“Don't worry, Ma. I will defintely work hard.. I will get sponsorship into University. Even if I don't, I will come out to work. I will hold 2 or even 3 jobs.
I want both of you to have an easy life in future.”

“Ok, you don't study too hard arh? Take care of your body also”
Mavis's mother said as she made her turn out of her room.

“Yeah I know, Ma”
Mavis turned her face back at the books.

Mavis's eyes were swollen with redness as she could not control her tears from flowing.

“I will study hard... I will let both of you live a better life.“
Mavis thought as she started flipping through her revision.

Her phone sounded through the silent night.
It was another SMS.

[Hey I hope I didn't message the wrong person.
But if you are Mavis, Please reply as it's something urgent.]

“Don't tell me he's going to kill himself again?”
“Impossible, he sounded alright this afternoon”
“Maybe he's trying to indulge himself with work so that he will think about the girl?”
“It's night time, most probably he will be alone now..”

It's often said that an 18year old girl can think of 15 possible situations within a minute.
That's about 4 seconds per thought.
Most of the time it's all the bad things that relate their thoughts together.
Tell them that they think a lot will possbily get yourself killed.
Maybe that's why you get a lot of depression from young teenage girls.


[Hiyah. This is Mavis, how are you?]
Mavis put down her phone after returning the sms.

Her phone beeped almost immediately.

[Hey, its Wilson here. You never get my message earlier? ]

[Yeah I did but I was doing something]

[Studying? God.. I miss those days studying]

[What is it that you want? You said it's urgent]

[Yeah it's urgent because I urgently need to sms you, isn't that urgent enough?]
Came the cheeky reply.

[That's not funny]

[Ok, I apologized, by the way are you the owner of the 2 doll?]

[They're called Terubouzo in japanese, Weather dolls people call them.]

[Oh... no wonder I find it so familiar]

[You worked in a japanese resturant and you don't know japanese stuffs?]

[ Why must I know? I only worked there and I'm not a japanese]

[ You only know how to commit suicide right? ]
This time was Mavis's turn to poke him.

[ Yes, at least better than those who eavsdropped others. ]

[Hey! I didn't eavsdropped you, we were standing so close and you were shouting here and there]

[ Did I say you? ]
Came the reply, Mavis knew she was caught.

[Ok, ok my fault. So when can you return me my terubouzo?]

[ I never said I will return you, I only asked if you are the owners]

[How can you do that? THOSE ARE MINE! I used them to pray for rains]

When a person is angry, they would use capital letters in their reply to signify their anger.
That's the world of Information Technology with a bit of feelings.

[ Hahaha, I will take care of them for you..
incase you lose them again. Nice chatting with you. Good night!]

That was the last message that came.

A mixed of anger and happiness flow through Mavis's body as she re-read the sms that was sent.
It was the first time that she a tingling feeling caused by someone.

[ You are such an idiot, You Bakka!]

That was Mavis's last reply before she went to sleep.
She was smiling throughout her deep sleep.

------------------------------

Wilson looked at his phone.

“Bakka..eh? Stupid girl”

Wilson grinned as he turn on his computer to do some net surfing.
He then began searching for the meaning of Terubozou.
True enough, she was right. It was a kind of weather doll that japanese put up.

He couldn't find the history when and why it was put up.
He only know that for festive celebrations,
the japanese would hang up a lot of Terubozou across town to pray for good weather.

Then he read on to find an interesting claim.

Japanese also believe that it will rain if the Terubouzo is been hanged upside down.
It is normally for those days during the summer when they need the rain to water their crops.

Wilson switched off his computer and took out a beer.
He was browsing through the sms that was sent by Mavis.
That put a smile across his face.

He looked at the Terubouzo that was hanging at the window as he sat on his sofa.
He got up and walked towards the Terubouzo.

He remembered the sms which Mavis sent.

“Will it really rain?”

He said as he hanged the pair of Terubouzo upside down and returned to his sofa.

“How can rain make a person happy?”

Wilson got up and clean himself before going to bed.

It drizzled that night, right in the mist of their dream....

The rain had came...

Mavis got up to look outside the window as the raindrops flows down her window.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It finally came…

No comments: