Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Book of Love 爱神の书

Chapter 9.5

If I speak in the different languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift to see the future and comprehend mysteries and have the knowledge of the world and move the mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all my possession to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not loved, I gain nothing.

If I had a Book of Love of my own,
What love story of me can I write on it,
How many chapters my love story will be,
What will I write in chapter 10?
How about you?



It was the longest night that Mark has to go through, the countless events that has happened in the past few days, one after another, leading to a new one every time, he couldn’t seems to catch hold of any of them but just allow them to rattle through his mind. Psyche words has caused Mark to wondered, has not move on because he has Loved or was it because of the guilt, if it was love then did guilt came together? The last message made the night quiet only on the outside.

The sound of an incoming email broke silent after sometime. It was a friend request on friendster. The girl name was Jolyn Ng, Mark has no impression who she is and decided to peep into her profile before adding her. Immediately he recognizes that she was Feng one of her secondary school mates, she was with Ming one of the guys that Mark’s used to hang out with in the secondary school days who passed away 3years back because of leukemia. Mark Remembered seeing them together since they were 13.

She has exactly 100 pictures uploaded in her profile, most of picture was with a guy but it wasn’t Ming. As far as Mark remembers just a year before Ming pass away Mark meet Feng and this same guy at Bugis. At Ming’s wake, Mark remembers that Feng was there and all the others that knew their 12 years relationship with Ming was consoling her. He saw her weeping that night.

Mark flip thru the pictures, they were taken in Phuket, different islands and in the hotel room, in Genting, and other in town making up the 100 of them. Mark saw the joy in her from those picture and wondered,

“So love wasn’t really about the time you spend together?
They were together 12 bloody years?
How did she move on so quickly?
If time could not measure, what else is not going to fade away?”


Then Mark began to question himself, if what he had with Jade was really love?
If Love is present, why did I feel guilty, if my love for her was true and right, why was guilt the one that tell me to let go.
If guilt was the one that captive me for the past 6 year, why didn’t the love that I had with Jade when we were together save me?

Mark began looking at the dusty bible that he has stop reading ever since he was with Jade at the corner of the work desk, he open it up again where the divider was last place. And saw;

faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

[To be Cont]

Written by Guest Writer
MArk Lee
http://y2koutsider.blogspot.com/

No comments: