Thursday, June 28, 2007

{ 雨の天使 }
Rain Angel
Chapter 13

[ Life is suppose to be happy when it rains ]

“Why are you not happy, Ah hui?”
Loke came to me one day as I was packing my carrots one day.

“My O levels examinations are coming, I don’t know whether I can do well or not”
I stopped and stared in the blanks again.

Loke show me his hand.
“You know why we have 5 fingers on each hand?”

“I don’t know…How would I know?”

“Because we have five types of problems in our life. Money/Love/Work or studies/Family/Friends”
Loke showed me his hand again.

“Then each type of problems will have their own solutions, that’s why when someone hold your hand, they are indirectly solving your problems”

“Uhu….. then those who got six fingers means they got 6 problems arh?”
I asked Loke back.

“Can you don’t interrupt me for being romantic?”
Loke act like he was some poet.

“Hahahaha”
I just couldn’t control myself.

“See! I’ve made you laugh! Life should be this way!”
I looked at him as he showed me the victory signage.
“Whatever problem we face, there will always be solutions. Life is supposed to be happy!”

“Yeah, Ah Loke you are right! Life is supposed to be happy!”
I remembered the day when I picked up this quote and victory sign ever since.

I will be happy, I promise…



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Days past, weeks went.
As much as people always say time heals heartache.
Mavis was trying very hard to get back to her normal self.

Sometimes she would still think of KaiLoke in the morning when she arrange the vegetables.
She would visit his parents when she has the time.

Mavis would help them clean up his room as both his parents want to preserve whatever that is left of him.

She would just sit and stare at her portrait after her clean up.

Mavis looked at her mobile phone.
She did not reply to Wilson since that night when he sent her that sms.
She did not know what he wanted or why he sent to her.

“Maybe he wants to send to his girlfriend but wrongly send to me”
That’s what Mavis want to believe.

---------------

Mavis took the route to the park one day when she went to school.
She was hopping that she will not see him.

Her prayers weren’t answered.

Wilson walked towards her.

“So …How are you?”
Wilson trying to start a conversation.

Mavis didn’t understand why she was so embarrasses in seeing him.
Her heart just keep on accelerating when she sees him.
Her breathing gets stronger.
Her vocals seems stuck.

“I’m fine.. ok already”
Mavis walked past him quickly and made her way to school.

--------------

During lunch , Mavis pulled Hanling one corner.
“Hanling, ask you. When will a girl gets her heartbeat accelerating and cannot control her breath and speech?”

“When she has asthma? What kind of trick question is this? Hahaha”
Hanling laughed out loud.

“No no no.. I mean what will cause her to be like that in front of a guy”

“Well base on my experience, If she’s in love with that guy. She would probably behave like that”

“Sheehss….”
Mavis let out a big sigh

“Mavis… You’re in Love?~!?~? Who Who Who, tell me, tell me”
Hanling just couldn’t stop.

“No one lah! I don’t like anyone”
Mavis walked away with Hanling hot on her heels.

“You are my best friend, best friends no secrets one hor…”

“Nothing…”

“Is it Shawn from next class? Raymond?”

“No one means no one…”
Mavis stormed back to her class.

--------------

Back home, Mavis was revising her work when her mother came in to hang back her clothes.

“Ah Ma.. how is Loke’s parents?”

“They are coping fine. Kaiwen gone back to Australia already to continue his studies”

“Is it? That’s great..”

“They got someone helping them mend their stall also..”

“Eh Ah Hui..”

“Yes Ma?”

“Why I never hear you talk about boyfriend before?”

“What? Ma because I don’t have boyfriend..”

“Then why Hanling said you have?”

“OHhhhhhh… Ma. I don’t have boyfriend.. Don’t listen to her.. Don’t worry”
Mavis was furious with her so call best friend.

“It’s ok, your pa and me not so old fashion.. If you don’t have I recommend you one?
Got handsome man in our market you know?”
Mavis’s mother became another ‘digger’ digging up all her inner secrets.

“Ma, please don’t ask me anymore. I not interested.”
Mavis tried to push her mother out of her room.

“Ok ok, I don’t bother you already”
Mavis’s mother walked out.
“I hope you are not that bother by KaiLoke’s death..”
Mavis’s mother thought as she heads for the kitchen.

----------------

The day was dark as the sun had not rise.
The wet market had begins its operation as hawkers busily arranging their stall.

“Ah hui.. later before you go to school. Can you pass me the keys from the cupboard?
I’ve forgotten to bring them down today”
Mavis’s mother ordered.

“Ok Ma…Its 6.15 already I go hone prepare for school”
Mavis heads home and got herself ready.
Hanling called and ask her to meet at the park as she had bought her breakfast.

---------------

Mavis went to the park and both of them sit down having their breakfast and enjoy the morning sun.
They were having a great day until a familiar voice caught up with them.

“Hey.. so early eat breakfast?”

It was Wilson. Again.

“What’s the problem with you? We can’t have our breakfast here?”
Mavis knew Hanling was still angry with him as she spoke with soreness.
“Can can.. you can do whatever you want”
Wilson smiled at Mavis.

Mavis looked away, making sure that Hanling did not notice they eye contact.

“Let’s go Mavis”
Hanling suddenly got up and pulled her friend off from the bench.

Hanling was taking a lot of big steps and moving very fast dragging Mavis along.

Her eyes were sore with redness.

As they were about to reach school, Mavis suddenly realized that she had forgotten to pass her mother the keys. They will not be able to go home without it.

“Hanling, I got to go back to the market. You go to school first can?”

“Then you’ll be late?..”

“Never mind, you just take notes for me”
Mavis ran back to the market.
-----------------

“Ah Wei, pass me that promfret fish over there”

“Ok Auntie, here you go”
Ah Wei pass the fish to the customer.

“Ah Wei, you are such a big help to us ever since Loke left”
KaiLoke’s mother said.

“Don’t worry Auntie, I will help you for as long as you want me”

“Ah Wei ah! Need your help”
Mavis’s mother called from afar.

“Can help us move these stack of vegetables?”

“No problem Auntie~! But you must buy me coffee later”
Ah Wei moved the heavy stack of vegetable with ease.

“Ah Wei, you so young and handsome… got girlfriend or not?”
Ah Wei blushed.

“No lah Auntie.. no one wants me.. hahaha”

“Don’t worry, don’t worry. I introduce my daughter to you lah”

“Wah! Really? Then I call you mother-in-law first!”

Mavis reached the market and found her mother happily chatting with a tall guy.

“Ma… your keys”
Mavis called out as she walks nearer.

“See here is my daughter…”
Mavis’s mother said to Ah Wei.

“I know Auntie, I know your daughter”
Ah Wei turned around…

It was Wilson…
..............
[To be Cont]

No comments: